Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dating Again


"There's something different about you. I don't quite know what it is, but I like it. You live with new purpose and although you've always been thoughtful, there is a depth to your eyes which I haven't seen before. In a way, it's almost like I'm getting to know and fall in love with you all over again."

That's what she told me as I drove her home.

I feel AWESOME.

I spent Saturday with my girlfriend, and like the martial artists that we both are, the first 2/3 of the day was shared with friends at a black belt test, and the other part was our "date night". I always look forward to these evenings, sometimes in a selfish way. After twenty years, she has become the guardian of my innermost self and I know that when we have our heart-to-heart conversations, no matter the topic, I always wind up feeling revitalized and inspired.

This time, we talked about the "Live" program and how much work I've been doing to prepare. It's inspired her to train harder and get the kind of results that I've found in the past six months (and am still reaching for!). I feel like I've grown so much from being exposed to so many wonderful ideas, people, and missions....and she sees it too. It's not that I hadn't already recognized it in myself, but to hear it come from her only inspires me further.

My training has been revitalized, my relationship is renewed, my teaching has been inspired, and I'm seeing others transform as I take positive steps along my own journey. This ROCKS.

Thank you everyone for being so awesome! :)

No comments: