Monday, October 19, 2009

Hitting the Trails


Today, I went for a jog, scouting some new trails for my next group of black belt candidates. I also did some thinking about my progress and my next plans for action.

On a good note, today I hit a lot of short-term milestones! My 7-mile loop brought me over the 1,000-mile marker of combined on-foot mileage (hiking & running), I hit my 1,000-form goal as well, and I'm sitting pretty at 30,000 push-ups and 36,000 crunches since I committed to the UBBT 7 process in late April. I'm not stopping though! (But I am taking an extra breather day this week to focus on projects at my day job. hehe)

I feel really jazzed about the upcoming year. There are areas where I know I will perform well and others which will be a struggle. I still have a lot of work to do physically, and while my diet has improved greatly, I must continue to be mindful. My clothes are fitting differently, but my weight's been fairly constant. Intellectually, I know why this happens and I know I need to stay the course, but emotionally I want to kick myself on some days.

Next steps: I plan on getting my student team up and blogging in the next couple of weeks. In the meantime, I'm planning to host some parent sessions in order to keep them informed about our process and how they can best support us in our quest! I'm also working on scheduling some presentations with Brian Williams at the high schools in my area - very excited about this!

Only 73 more days until we begin! So much to do! More to come.

No comments: