Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My First Century

 Quick note: I was not involved in this event at all, but I wanted an epic picture. :)

Before the end of the school year, I had set a personal goal of completing a "century ride" (100 miles) by the end of Summer 2010.

Today, I completed it.  Although I've been recovering from a minor crash, I've been coming back with a vengeance and knocked out 101.66 miles over the course of 13.5 hours - that includes my breaks, so my total ride time was closer to 11 hours.  You can check out my route here.  (By the way, it's a really nifty way to track your workouts!  There's similar sites for running, hiking, triathlons, general fitness, and more - just scroll down to the very bottom of the home page.)

Just wanted to keep you all posted - hope you're progressing on your goals too!  Now that I've accomplished this, I will still be commuting to work on my bike while the weather holds up (saves gas and it's pretty fun), but I will be spending more time on the mat before the school year begins.  I head back to preliminary meetings in early August, so I'm starting on it tomorrow!

No comments: