Monday, February 14, 2011

Week Without Walls: An Epic Vision



Four years ago, I began promoting my first black belts from my program at Epic. It gave me a wonderful opportunity to re-imagine what I wanted my black belt testing process to look like, and what the end product would be - since that end also represents the beginning of something new.

The video above is a sample from last year's work. It's evolved into a week-long adventure and a life-changing experience for the candidates and their support team, the culmination of a year's worth of preparation - including many lessons that I've learned from my teammates in the UBBT.

In May 2011, we will be heading back to Lake Tahoe to explore new areas and share new adventures together before returning to San Jose for our promotion ceremony. Since I'm never truly content with repeating myself, I fully intend to step up my game and outdo myself.

If any of you are in the area, you are more than welcome to join us. :)

No comments: