Sunday, November 22, 2009

Make-A-Blanket Event



Last year, I began coordinating a blanket drive to support Project Linus, an organization whose mission is "to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer 'blanketeers'."

I had purchased some bulk cloth online from Pico Textiles, and hit up the local craft stores for some sturdy fabric scissors. That's it for material supplies. We went with the "No-Sew Fleece Blanket" pattern, an easy-to-make project.

Word-of-mouth secured a bunch of volunteers, and we were set!

I'm doing it again this year on December 12th. It was a really fun service project for my students, and perhaps yours may enjoy it too!

Here's a video of last year's effort, with a much-heavier me in it:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder where you came up with this awesome idea!