Thursday, November 5, 2009

Unplug!

I'm walking a tightrope these days.

On one side, I'm reaching out and integrating technology in order to enhance aspects of my martial arts educational program.

On the other side, I'm trying to unplug and involve myself in more authentic face-to-face interactions with human beings.

Right now, the tech side is winning, so I've been pulling the other way. Although all of these resources are giving me the opportunity to connect with my students, friends, and family, I've been trying to consciously ensure that this work is a supplement to (and not a substitute for) the relationship-building that I engage in on a daily basis.

Sometimes, the cell phone needs to be off.

Sometimes, e-mail can wait.

Connecting with people is a big part of what we're all about.

No comments: