Sunday, January 31, 2010

Monthly Progress Report: January 2010

No grand narratives today. Just posting my totals and updating you all on where I'm at.

For reference, here is a link to my original list of goals.

Big Stats:
(I'm tracking my grand total since I committed in April 09, w/separate tracking for 2010-only!)
Pushups: 66,150 (10,150 since 1/1, mostly inclined for my shoulders)
Ab Exercises: 66,500 (10,500 since 1/1)
Kicks: 71,000 (15,000 since 1/1 - this is one of my own goals outside of the UBBT)
Mileage: 1211 (123 since 1/1: 80m bike, 24m run, 9m hike)


More Stats: (2010-only)
Forms: 180 (Gaebaek is my form of choice; I'm not counting others.)
Sparring/Bag Rounds: 100 (24m sparring, 76m bag)
Meditation: 900m (I average at least two 15m sessions daily)
Acts of Kindness: 2019 (big, small, conscious & sincere)
Inspired AOKs through school/community: 1643 (most through Free Hug Day)
Righting 3 Wrongs: 1 in progress, 2 in the works.
Mending 3 Relationships: 2 in progress, 1 in the works.
Living Heroes Profiled: 1
Books Read: 1


Personal Goals in Progress:
Current Weight: 224 (originally 249 in Apr 2009)
Weekly Journaling: With some minor variance, still on track.
Healthy Sleeping Habits: On track, averaging 7 hours/night.
Clean Home: I've halfway cleaned out a desk. Need to do more.
Credit Cards Paid Off (my personal goal): 2 in progress, on track to be paid off in March and May.
Cooking: I can now slice veggies for salad without cutting myself. Onward to recipes with the stove!
Body For Life: Beginning effective 2/1/10. Used some principles in Jan, but stepping it up in Feb.
Groundwork & Boxing: On hold during January; looking forward to resuming.
Empathy Training: 1 day mute complete.
Videos & Film: Recorded 2 videos on my phone; made one with much assistance from my brother.
Diabetes Education Course: Contacted Dawn Swidorski of MADDCAP; looking forward to learning!
Anger Management Course: Postponed; pursuing MADDCAP info first.
Project Planning Guides for Teachers: Turning this into a summer goal.
Environmental Cleanup: 1 completed; more to come.
Public Performances: 1
Memorize Quote: Not yet begun.
Seek a Master: Not yet begun.
Reduce Plastics: No new plastics purchased; Brita pitchers in use; silverware in tow daily.
Buy Nothing New: Aside from essentials, no new purchases made since 1/1/10.
Student Team Engagement: Could be better. Working on this.
Anonymous AOKs for Teammates: No anonymous ones yet; kind acts performed openly though. :)
Contact teammates regularly: Using the UBBT site for this, expanding to videoconferencing in Feb.


Last, but not least:
No quitting: I'm still here! :)

No comments: