Monday, July 13, 2009

Greg Garcia and the Broken Lifecycle


This isn't a clever post with a biology class twist. I was riding for 15 minutes on a broken exercise bike and didn't notice. (Oops on awareness, lol.)

Everything seemed normal. I sat down, began pedaling, entered the usual stats on the computer, and then glued myself onto the overhead television monitors, one of which was playing Sport Science - I was hooked.

Towards the end of the program, I glanced down to check my progress. The bike's display told me that, in 15 minutes, I had gone over 8 miles! Even if I had switched it to metric, and the display was showing kilometers instead of miles, that's way beyond what I can do.

What to do? Stand up, move over to the next working Lifecycle, and start over, of course. :)

Checked again after 15 minutes: 2.75 miles. Whew. Now that's more like it.

No comments: