Friday, July 31, 2009

Workout Summary, Day 98

I don't know how this happened, but I'll take it!

I cut back a lot this week, mostly because of aches and pains in my back which I'm beginning to believe are a result of an imbalance between my abdominal strength and back strength (thanks for the reminder article Matt!). I've suffered from a lot of back trouble, even in my youth, and this sort of stuff has consistently plagued my workouts whenever I'm not balancing things correctly and/or not paying attention to my form. That'll get fixed in the coming weeks. For now, I've prescribed myself some rest.

Despite the fact that I've worked out a lot less, I've somehow burst through my plateau and have started another round of quick weight loss! I did adjust my eating habits for the week in order to reflect the fact that I wasn't working out as often, but I didn't think that would account for this much so soon. I hope that it's all been for the best, but for now, it's made me much more pleased with my scale.

It's worth mentioning that I've been remodeling my classroom and my kitchen at home, so I haven't been completely resting...just having to be extra careful since I've been moving furniture and temporarily relocating heavy stacks of things.

Anyways, here's my tally for the week:
  • Hiking: 7 miles (7 Sat)
  • Forms: 12 (12 Sat)
  • Push-ups: 1200 (500+150 Mon, 250+150 Wed, 150 Thurs)
  • Crunches: 1500 (500+250 Mon, 250+250 Wed, 250 Thurs)
  • Squats: 1000 (1000 Mon)
  • Sparring: 10 rounds (Wed)
  • Current Weight: 228.5

Total since Day 1:
  • Cycling (total): 546 miles
  • Hiking: 139 miles
  • Running (total): 80 miles
  • Basics: 195m
  • Form repetitions: 432
  • Kicks: 22600
  • Pushups: 8415
  • Crunches: 12765
  • Squats: 5570
  • Lunges: 2270
  • Punching w/weights: 30m
  • Bag work: 142 rounds (142m total)
  • Sparring: 10 rounds
  • Boxing: Will begin next week (again).
  • Grappling: 1 hour
  • Net Weight Loss: -20.5

No comments: