Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tales of a Stress Eater


A confession: when I experience stress, I eat.

During the past week, as I've begun to prepare myself for the upcoming school year, I've been working much later hours than usual...and I already work late as it is. Some of that is in organization, some is spent in meetings with colleagues, but much of it is reflecting and revising my curriculum in order to navigate the post-NCLB world of education while retaining some academic freedom.

In this past week, I've caved on multiple occasions, mostly through calls to the local pizza place. I take breaks during the day to walk around the track, crank out some pushups and crunches. or go a few rounds with the heavy bag, but I definitely ended up with a surplus of junk this week. Ew.

I need to become better at planning my meals during this time of year. I always work extra hours. You'd think that I'd have figured out how to pre-make an extra meal and then bring it to work....or maybe better time/project management so that I go home earlier...or both!

Anyone have any low-prep favorite recipes? I'm a little burnt on the sandwich/salad/fruit smoothie stuff because they're my breakfasts and lunches. Thanks in advance.

No comments: