Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Building My Team


I'm six months away from the official "Live" start date, but I'm already beginning to assemble my student membership team. Since my program is based out of a high school, I intend to draw primarily from the students, faculty, and alumni of the school. I've already drummed up a lot of interest through declaring my admission into the "Live" project, my intention to test for rank, and my wish to share this journey with as many people as possible.

Now I get to see how many people have been inspired enough to commit. I'm holding my first info session on Monday and beginning to take applications for membership.

To be honest, I haven't done as good of a job promoting this as I could have, were I running a commercial school. Since my job is education, I find that I'm teaching and promoting the same ideals all of the time, but my focus is in multiple places, and my efforts to promote my program are not always appropriate in an English classroom. My best advertising is personal example, and it has earned me numerous students over the years. Still, I have time to dust off my marketing skills prior to January, and I can get a headstart with anyone who signs on early!

My target enrollment for Monday's info session is 12 members. Because school will be letting out for the summer, I will use the summer break to begin working with these 12, and then continue my recruitment efforts in the fall. I'd like to have a complete team of 20 by October 1, 20+ if I'm given the opportunity to include more than 20 student members.

No comments: