Sunday, June 7, 2009

Congratulations, Class of 2009

Today, I will be celebrating LPS San Jose's second graduating class as they take to the stage and collect their hard-earned diplomas. Yay!

I am reminded of how hard the journey has been for them, moreso than a typical senior class at a regular high school. These students stayed loyal and true through some of our school's rough growing pains. We hadn't yet found ourselves and the place had much to be desired. I am honored and proud that they chose to perservere through those challenging times and succeeded, despite the chaos!

It's been 15 years since my high school graduation. In the lifetime I've led since I walked across the stage to collect my diploma, my adventures and follies would fill many volumes; however, the volume that would dwarf both of those immense treatises would be the one containing all of the lessons that I've learned since then.

Kudos to you, Class of 2009. Today marks the beginning of several new chapters in your lives. It is my sincere wish that your "lessons" book grows like mine has. Bring some success stories back for the reunion, too!

No comments: