Friday, June 5, 2009

Spicy Plan Backfires

In a mild effort to reduce my consumption of cheese, I started replacing any cheese in my meals with jalapeno jack. (and using less)

There's a short story behind this, though.

You see, spicy food is like kryptonite to me. I'm very sensitive to it. As I was growing up, the mild sauce at Taco Bell would bring me to tears. For a while, even certain kinds of pizza sauce would have the same effect. As a result, I've stayed away from many spices because they might be 'too hot' for me, and endured the amused jabs from friends who were more than entertained by my vulnerability. My girlfriend insists that I improve in this area, and I simply haven't gotten around to it yet.

Back to the cheese: I switched cheeses because I figured that I would use less of it that way. It was intended to be a subtle way of using my own aversion to spicy stuff towards my own benefit.

It backfired: it turns out that I like jalapeno jack cheese.

Back to the drawing board. :)

No comments: