Sunday, May 10, 2009

Morning Hike

I didn't get to go hiking with my co-worker this morning. Bummer. Will have to reschedule for another time. Instead, I took my dog Phoenix with me and traipsed around in the hills near my house, up near Santa Teresa Park.

Phoenix is an amazing dog. She has such a phenomenal attitude and disposition. I can always count on her to be happy and full of energy, especially when I dangle a leash from my hands. That fills her with excitement. She knows that we're going out, and she loves seeing different places and experiencing different smells. Hiking is one of her favorite things to do, although it's difficult because she's not 100% leash trained.

Today, we cut our trip short. We encountered a small family of wild boars that were wandering along the back trails. Phoenix wasn't alarmed (it's not the first time this has happened), but her curious and friendly nature would not have served our best interests, so we turned around and took an alternate route back to the car.

Still a good hour's worth of hiking. Gotta look at the positives!

Meeting my mother and family for dinner later to celebrate Mother's Day. Time to put my food habits to the test.

No comments: