Saturday, May 30, 2009

Playing Catch-Up

I've had a flurry of posts in the past few days. Sorry if I've been spamming anyone's Feedburner. I'm just honoring a commitment and doing my best to follow through on it.

Many of you know that I spend my days working as a quasi-mild-mannered English teacher. It's also fairly close to finals week and I tend to experience a lot more complaints than normal around this time of year, since I'm somewhat ruthless with end-of-term assignments and deadlines. With the amount of writing that I'm asking my students to do, I thought it would be a fair challenge for me to step up and do some writing of my own.

The difference is that I'm asking my students to produce an essay before finals, and then come in to take a rather meaty all-essay final.

I've challenged myself to average one post per day until the end of school. This includes posts to make up for the time that I was away camping, which is part of the reason behind the aforementioned flood of posts upon my return. If you add up all of my posts since this blog's inception, I think I've written quite a bit!

To my students: your turn.

No comments: