Sunday, May 24, 2009

System Overload

(We ate in this room. Very neat atmosphere.)

My family celebrated my mother's birthday earlier this evening. On my brother's recommendation, we decided to try an upscale Filipino restaurant in South San Francisco, called Intramuros. Neat place!

Unfortunately, Filipino cuisine is not necessarily the best stuff for me to be eating. After a week of all-natural and organic cleansing, this was probably the complete polar opposite of that. Don't get me wrong. The food was outstanding, and well worth the price. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys (or would like to try) Filipino dishes. It's just also going to take a few bonus workouts in order to work all of that tasty goodness off of my midsection, that's all.

Tonight, it didn't matter. What mattered most was that my mom enjoyed her meal, and she did. We ate like royalty, laughed like children, made ourselves at home, and put away our cares and concerns for a couple of hours. There's something healthy about doing that once in a while, too.

I'm telling this to my arteries so they'll forgive me in the morning.

(Healthy note: Calamansi juice is awesome.)

No comments: