Friday, May 8, 2009

Upgrade Time

The testing schedule at the school conveniently afforded me a day off (well, sort of), so I've been using the morning to take care of logistics related to my upcoming Week Without Walls trip, as well as the black belt test that I will be hosting next weekend. As part of this, I've been doing research into purchasing a DSLR camera for high-speed action photos.

While doing this, I started wondering: so many of us are willing to invest so much time, effort, and hard-earned money upgrading our things and so little (if any) time upgrading ourselves.

How strange. Maybe that's why so many people also end up dissatisfied with themselves.

I'm trying to upgrade my life: not because it's a bad one, but because there is more than I can be doing with it. I only get one, so it might as well last as long as possible and be full of a lifetime's worth of great experiences, friendships, laughter, and love. All of those things aren't necessarily matters of quantity as much as they are matters of quality: it's not about "more", it's about "better"...and I am the one responsible for those things in my life, just as you are for yours.

With that being said, it's time for me to buy a new camera so that I can do a better job of capturing memories.

No comments: